- Former Vice President Joe Biden is leading President Donald Trump in the national polls on election eve.
- The candidates are neck and neck in the polls in crucial battleground states like Texas and Ohio.
- Biden has solid leads over Trump in key states like Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
It’s election eve in the US, and former Vice President Joe Biden is leading President Donald Trump in the national polls.
Biden also has leads over Trump in a number of key battleground states, but the candidates are neck and neck in crucial states like Texas and Ohio.
The former vice president has an 8.4-percentage-point lead over Trump nationally (51.9% to 43.5%), according to FiveThirtyEight’s updating average of 2020 presidential general-election polls.
Here’s where Biden and Trump stand in battleground states, according to FiveThirtyEight’s updating average:
- Biden has a slight edge over Trump in Florida and is leading by 2.3 percentage points: 49.9% to 46.5%
- Trump is leading Biden by less than a percentage point in Ohio: 47.5% to 47.1%
- Trump is leading Biden by a percentage point in Texas: 48.5% to 47.5%
- Biden is leading Trump by 8.1 percentage points in Michigan: 51.1% to 43%
- Biden has a solid lead over Trump in Wisconsin, and is currently ahead by 8.2 percentage points: 51.9% to 43.7%
- Biden has a 5.1 percentage-point lead over Trump in Pennsylvania: 50.3% to 45.2%
- Biden also has a narrow, 1.9 percentage-point lead over Trump in North Carolina: 48.8% to 47%
- The race is also tight in Georgia, where Biden has a 1.3 percentage-point lead over Trump: 48.4% to 47.1%
- Biden has a 9.3 percentage-point lead over Trump in Minnesota: 52% to 42.6%
- Biden has a 2.9 percentage-point lead over Trump in Arizona: 48.6% to 45.7%
- Biden has a lead of 4.9 percentage points in Nevada: 49.4% to 44.5%
In Morning Consult’s final poll before Election Day, Biden has an eight point lead over Trump: 51.9% to 43.9%.
Other notable tidbits from the Morning Consult poll:
- The poll showed Biden and Trump in a tie in Texas: 48.1% to 48.1%
- Biden has a six point lead over Trump in Florida: 51.5% to 45.5%
- 85% of likely Black voters said they support Biden, compared to 10% for Trump
- 52% of likely white voters said they support Trump, compared to 44% for Biden
- Biden leads Trump with independent voters: 49% to 39%
- 54% of likely female voters said they support Biden, while 41% backed Trump
- 49% of likely male voters backed Biden, while 47% said they support Trump